Mission, Vision & Goals
The National School Boards Association (NSBA) is a not-for-profit organization representing State Associations of school boards and their member districts across the United States.
Our mission is: Working with and through our State Associations, NSBA Advocates for Equity and Excellence in Public Education through School Board Leadership
We achieve that mission by representing the school board perspective in working with federal government agencies and national organizations that impact education, and provides vital information and services to State Associations of school boards throughout the nation.
NSBA’s Vision and Goals
National leadership that encourages outstanding school board governance to achieve student success.
Working with and through our state associations, NSBA has embraced five fundamental goals:
- MEMBER SERVICE CULTURE AND RELATIONSHIPS - NSBA will build effective relationships by fostering a member-service culture supporting the needs of State Association members.
- SCHOOL BOARD LEADERSHIP - NSBA will provide State Associations with research, information, and other services to support local school boards in governing and leading their communities to improve student learning.
- ADVOCACY - NSBA will proactively raise the profile, presence, and impact on Capitol Hill, in the courts and nationally through legislative and legal advocacy to strengthen public education.
- SUPPORT FOR PUBLIC EDUCATION - With public education as a civil right and the cornerstone of our democracy, NSBA will inspire and strengthen support for public education and the essential role of school boards.
- INFRASTRUCTURE - NSBA will maintain a sound infrastructure that supports continuous improvement in its services and operations and generates program and activity resources to support its mission.
Looking for more information? See what’s Inside Mission, Vision & Goals
on the right.